Recommended Items to Bring
- Hat, sunglasses, and sunscreen – to protect you on hot, sunny days.
- Cellular phone – to allow you to connect with friends.
- Pen, paper, and/or business cards – to exchange phone numbers with old friends you’ll run into and new friends you’ll meet.
- CDs and albums – to have the artists personally autograph them at the jazz fest.
- Schedule of Events – This can be printed by clicking on the “Schedule” link.
- Beach Blanket – if you plan to sit on the lawn. (Maximum size allowed is ten feet wide)
- Tickets – If you’ve pre-purchased tickets, don’t forget to bring them with you!
- Comfortable pair of shoes – since you’ll probably be doing lots of walking throughout the day.
- Comfortable clothes – Dress for the weather.
- Jacket, sweatshirt, and/or sweatpants – The outside temperature can drop significantly after sunset.
- Binoculars – if you’re seated far from the stage.
- Cash – to purchase souvenirs, food, CDs, and crafts at the festival. Also, if you plan on purchasing your tickets at the box office, please bring cash.
- Credit cards – Many of the craft exhibitors accept credit cards. We will accept credit cards at the box office.
- Small umbrella or rain hat – in case of showers.
Things NOT to Bring
The following items are prohibited at the Fest:
- Alcoholic beverages
- Tents or canopies wider than ten feet
- Blankets or canvases wider than ten feet
- Glass bottles
- Tape recorders or “boom boxes”
- Open flames
- Noise makers
- Saving seats in VIP, Orchestra areas and in the lawn section.
Items that are Permitted
The following items are permitted inside Clinton Lake:
- Coolers, picnic baskets, knapsacks, and tote bags – allowable, but are subject to inspection at the gate. Note that food and beverages are available for purchase at the festival food court.
- Lawn chairs – allowable on the lawn only.
- Tents, canopies, and beach umbrellas – Beach umbrella size (10 x 10), larger umbrellas will be allowed in designated areas.
- Beverages- 2 bottles of water per person for the event. Glass bottles and alcoholic beverages are prohibited.
- Photo cameras – Still cameras are permitted but camcorders and tape recorders are prohibited.
More Tips and Information
- Counterfeit tickets – Be sure to purchase your festival tickets from this web site or from TicketMaster (outlets, phone-charge, or ticketmaster.com). Unauthorized ticket brokers and scalpers often sell counterfeit tickets. Patrons attempting to enter the festival with counterfeit tickets will be refused admission and have their tickets confiscated.
- Which day to come? – If you’re still undecided on which day to attend the festival, why not come both days?
- Weather – The festival is held rain or shine.
- Smoking – Smoking is permitted in the lawn seating area only. Smoking is not permitted in the orchestra or VIP seating areas.
- Seating – The seat numbers on your tickets are for accounting and security purposes only. All seating is, in fact, general admission, i.e., unreserved. Only persons holding orchestra or VIP tickets will be admitted into the orchestra or VIP seating areas.
- Drinking and driving – Drive safely and don’t drink and drive.
- Schedule changes – The festival schedule of events is subject to change without notice.
Enjoy the festival